Health & Safety
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
Regarding COVID-19: We are working with the involved facilities (The Hilton Union Square, Hotel Nikko and Parc 55) to ensure we are taking the necessary health precautions for a safe and successful PI World. The OSIsoft team will continue to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to monitor all new developments pertaining to COVID-19.
We are also working closely with Emergency Concierge International (ECI) to provide an on-site contingency plan specific to the current areas of concern. We can assure you that we are actively engaged in tracking this event, putting the necessary steps into place to promote a safe event and remain vigilant in safeguarding your well-being.
The San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) announced six more cases of COVID-19 Saturday, bringing the total number of infections in the city to eight. (Updated Monday, March 9)
- An increase in hand sanitizer stations throughout the campus for public use
- Frequent wipe downs of all common touch areas and surfaces each day including doorknobs, lecterns, microphones, escalator handrails, trash receptacles, elevator buttons, water stations, registration tables, and in and around the bathroom areas
- Daily sanitization of common expo surfaces, interactive expo maps, and added hand sanitizers located in each aisle
- Overnight disinfection of expo booth countertops
- Disinfecting registration counters and floors continuously throughout the day
- Offering disinfectant wipes at the podiums in each session room for speaker computers and microphones
- Guest room and meeting space cleaning staff to wear gloves to avoid spread of bacteria
- On site medics to handle medical emergencies, not just those related to the Coronavirus
- Added hand sanitizer pumps, alcohol wipes and tissues to wipe down arm rests on shuttle buses to the offsite party – though the offsite venue (Masonic SF) is also reasonable walking distance
For more information on how to prepare for your trip, please refer to the World Health Organization website for the latest updates. We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.